For students in 3rd - 5th grade, there are two 8 week sessions available with a limit of 75 students per session. Due to large participation numbers, students can only sign up for ONE session. Spaces will be limited to the first 150 students to register. If you are registering multiple children, please leave quantity at 1 and add individual names to your cart. UPDATE 10.8.18 - if you register now, running club T-shirt’s have already been ordered and may not be available to you.
The running club meets every Tuesday and Thursday mornings (weather permitting) from 7:15-7:45 am. Each session will conclude with a fun run that will take place at Monarch. Students will accumulate miles throughout the year during group runs and running on their own. Awards will be given at the end of the school year for all running club participants, half-marathoners (13.1 miles), and marathoners (26.2 miles)!
Dates of Sessions:
- Session 1 – October 2- November 27 (Family Fun Run at Monarch- December 1)
- Session 2 – February 5- March 28 (Family Fun Run at Monarch - April 6)
- Due to the large participation numbers, students can only sign up for 1 session.
- Spaces will be limited to the first 150 students to register.
- Parent volunteers are needed every morning! It’s a big group and we can’t do it without you! Middle and high school siblings can also earn volunteer hours.
- This is only for students in 3rd-5th grade.
- Running club fees are $20 per student.
- Registration will take place on September 10th and will close when 150 students are registered or on September 17th.
- No late registrations will be accepted.
- Payment and Registration will be through monarchptastore.com
Each week of running club will focus on one specific aspect of the sport, including pacing, injury prevention, teamwork, and running form.
Dropping off your child between 7:10 and 7:15- please wait until there is an adult volunteer present before leaving your child. Please pull up to the cone to drop off your child. If you would like to stay, please park in the grass and not in the parking lot. We had a few situations where a parent parked in the parking lot and the child ran across the street and was almost hit by a car. If you must park in the parking lot please drop your child off first, then park.
Contact us with any questions: email@example.com
864-608-6728 (Kelly), 864-567-3304 (Melanie), 843-814-6440 (Elizabeth)